Key learnings from Gartner Symposium/ITxpo 2018
The Gartner Symposium/ ITxpo 2018 wrapped up on the 1st of November 2018 following 4 days of keynote presentations and thought leadership sessions.
The Speedwell team actively participated in keynote presentations and sessions extending our knowledge in new technologies, digital transformation strategies, latest data and analytics insights and learning on the future of security and transformational leadership.
Speedwell was a Silver Partner of the Gartner Symposium/ITxpo and showcased our expertise, award winning projects, and demonstrated Dossiere to a number of senior delegates. Delegates that visited the Speedwell stand were also rewarded with a set of our Agile Planning Poker Cards. To get your own set of Agile Planning Poker Cards get in touch.
"Become a brave decision maker and champion for digital transformation. Each journey will be different and not every approach will follow “best practices” but be the champion for this change. - Gartner Symposium / ITexpo 2018
Workplace by Facebook
Oudi Antebi, Director of Workplace by Facebook shared their digital road map which showcased Facebook's focus on connectivity, artificial intelligence and virtual & augmented reality. He also explained that over 30,000 companies like Astrazeneca have adopted Workplace.
Corporate communication teams that have changed their corporate content distribution to Facebook Live Workplace have seen a 75% increase in employee consumption of corporate communications by implementing Workplace Live Video broadcasts from the CEO.
Google Cloud: The Power of APIs in Hybrid Cloud & Micro services Ecosystems
The Google Cloud expert shared that enterprises everywhere are adapting to the blistering pace of today's digital economy. A key enabler to operating at this internet speed and scale are APIs (application programming interfaces).
However, securely delivering, managing and analysing APIs is complex. Further, the proliferation of micro services, and hybrid and multi-cloud environments within the enterprise ecosystem only adds to this complexity. The expert also shared Google Cloud’s road map to creating IA solutions that easily plug into your existing workflows to give your business the power of AI.
Gaia Grant Keynote Presentation
Gai explained her research on the concept of The innovation paradox. She explained that the problem is that the very processes and structures responsible for established companies’ enduring success prevent them from developing breakthroughs.
Garry Kasparov Keynote Presentation
We aren't being replaced by artificial intelligence we're being promoted! Garry shared 6 interesting facts about AI to consider.
- Machines don’t have to be perfect, only better
- AI: Augmented Intelligence. We get smarter
- Virtual data will outpace human data
- Human define the problems
- More-intelligent tech is easier to use, requiring less training and retraining
- AI will do more rote work, freeing us to be more creative and strategic - more human.
Derek Miers Senior Director Analyst, Gartner Session
Derek shared his 25+ experience in aiding companies with digital transformation, business architecture, process management and technology innovation. He explained the current technology hype cycles and how to assist clients on riding the trends.
From Digital Transformation to ContinuousNext
Speakers Cathleen Blanton, Michael Warrilow, Kristian Steenstrup and John Kost explained what the ContinuousNEXT approach and how the formula to achieve success in a world that is constantly changing is to implement a ContinuousNEXT approach.
ContinuousNEXT is the future evolution of concepts Gartner has introduced in recent years that will build momentum through digital transformation and beyond. Below are the five imperatives for CIOs to implement a ContinuousNEXT strategy:
- Augmented Intelligence
- Product Management
- Digital Twin
The Gartner speakers explained that now is the time for your organisations to be more adaptive to change, and leaders need to bring new practices, develop new capabilities and create new ways to succeed – the ContinuousNEXT approach. Below are practical examples of how to shape, shift and share utilising the ContinuousNEXT approach.
- Change culture for adaptability
- Take ownership of culture
- Design customer-centric digital products and services
- Identify executive fire drills.
- Guard customer privacy fiercely
- Shift authority so others can act
- Hire external product management expertise
- Apply DTO to one process or location at a time
- Create augmented intelligence environment
- Implement culture hackathon
- Cross-train internal talent
- Share continuous intelligence across organisation
9 Cultural Hacks to improve your organisation’s Culture
- All meetings support new strategy
- Celebrate failure
- 48-hour decision rule
- Reward decisions
- Invite hard questions
- Don’t have all the answers
- Cancel status meetings
- Innovator as CEO
- Run a culture hackathon
13 Gartner Predictions and Forecasts
- Nearly 2 out of 3 CEOs and CFOs anticipate business model change.
- Highly stressed employees result in a 9.1% reduced productivity
- 9.1% decrease in personal performance equals a 5.7% reduction in corporate revenue.
- Trust in privacy is power
- By 2020, Block chain will be used for 40% of consumer trust initiatives
- By 2022, 60% of effort in AI development will be spent on machine training rather than the development models from data scientists
- In 2021, AI augmentation will create 2.9 trillion dollars of business value and 6.2 billion hours of worker productivity
- By 2022, 90% of successful I&O leaders will focus on facilitating transactions, not merely building and running infrastructure, up from less than 1% today.
- Through 2020, 45% of organizations who perform lift and shift to cloud without capacity optimization will be over-provisioned by as much as 55% and overspend by as much as 70% during the first 18 months.
- 31% of all IT spend is currently not under the control of IT teams.
- Spending on information technology (IT) products and services in Australia is forecast to reach almost A$93 billion in 2019, an increase of 3.5 % from 2018, slightly higher than the global average growth rate of 3.2%. Inc.
- 28 percent of spending within key enterprise IT markets globally will shift to the cloud by 2022.
- Enterprise software spending is forecast to experience the highest growth with a 10.4 percent increase in 2019
Join the conversion on Twitter. Follow @speedwellcorp for insightful updates, customer success stories and thought leadership from our team of experts. To accelerate your digital objectives partner with Speedwell to leverage our expertise.
|John King, Digital Marketing Technologist, Speedwell