How comment moderation can increase your conversions
A key component of social media community management is having a comment moderation policy as part of your crisis communications plan.
What is a crisis communication plan
A crisis communication plan is a set of guidelines used to prepare a business for an emergency or unexpected event. These plans include steps to take when a crisis first emerges, how to communicate with the public, and how to prevent the issue from occurring again. While crisis communication can be fairly reactive in nature, it helps to have a crisis communication plan in place to make the process easier on your team members.
What is a comment moderation policy
If you use Facebook Ads as part of your social media marketing strategy, it is highly recommended to carefully monitor and thoughtfully moderate the comments users leave on your sponsored posts. This means you should always have a moderation policy before launching your campaign so you can respond, react, answer questions, reply to suggestions, and engage in discussions in a planned manner.
Response time is one of the key drivers of customer satisfaction in social media community management. It can make or break the relationship you have with your community. To mitigate risk of poor community management it's best practice to have a comment moderation plan.
A comment moderation policy is a set of procedures, approach, documented responses and actions a social media community manager will take should the social community post offensive content, abusive language, profanity, spam, trolling and bot attacks. When implemented well, comment moderation shows your community respect, care and compassion.
With the recent increase in troll activity, most platforms do have rules to assist admins and community manager to manage, ban users, block content that uses profanity or hate speech.
Comment moderation that is consistent, personable, and helpful will not only improve your customer experience, but build brand loyalty, increase engagement, and drive sales. Social media community moderation is key to encouraging social media community conversation. You want fans to feel that they can contribute in a valuable way by building an environment that facilitates spirited debate and respectful discussion. This can spur your community’s growth and in turn, encourages brand evangelism.
These tools allow you to:
- Learn more about your customers and what they are looking for
- Find and leverage brand advocates and influencers
- Contribute to conversations in order to build your credibility and presence
- Address criticism and praise
- Respond to product and support inquiries posted on all social media channels
- Utilise Social Media Listening to montior campaign activity and brand mentions.
- Triage comments and delegate to content experts
- Capture and respond to leads and opportunities
- Solve issues based on your comment moderation policy
- Create rules to manage and automate responses
- Meaure engagement via reporting tool
- Aggrigate and automate native metrics into useful reports
Benefits of social media community moderation
Comment moderation has many benefits:
- Help your business improve its products and services
- Gain invaluable first-hand customer feedback
- Can increase your organic reach
- Can increase your return on advertising spend (ROAS) up to 109%
- Gain insights on your brand's perception
- Can lower cost per acquision (CPA) up to 29%
- When responses are timely it can influence a user's buying process.
- Can increase your conversion rates up to 24%
Comment moderation DON'TS:
- Long response times (most customers expect a response within an hour)
- Cold and rude responses
- Lack of empathy
- No solution efforts provided in response
- Worst of all… no response
Comment moderation Do's:
- Quick response (consistent response times in under an hour is the goal!)
- Personalisation of response to customer
- Personality — let your brand voice shine through
- Honesty and transparency
Need help crafting your social media strategy?
Speedwell is well versed in digital strategies to grow social media communities. We've worked with many of our clients to implement social media strategies and crisis management plans. When partnering with Speedwell you can rest assured that our team are focused on implementing best practice tactics and strategies.SPEAK WITH OUR TEAM
|John King, Digital Marketing Technologist, Speedwell